🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
johnvito
Community Member

Connects

Dear Sirs and Madams,
This morning I applied for a job/project **Edited for Community Guidelines**
At the beginning it was not an "Only Invite". After a few of hours I saw that it became an "Only Invite" project.
Since I spent 6 connects ($0.90) applying to this job, I please want them back.
Even if it was born as an "Only Invite" project, it must not be published to everyone.
Hoping to have back my 6 connects, I wish you will have a nice day and good work.
Best Regards
John Vito Figorito

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

John Vito F wrote:

This morning I applied for a job/project

At the beginning it was not an "Only Invite". After a few of hours I saw that it became an "Only Invite" project.
Since I spent 6 connects ($0.90) applying to this job, I please want them back.

Clients are free to change the job visibility when they have enough applicants and want no further applications. As you have already applied, your proposal is in there. It wasn't "Invite Only" when you applied, or you would not have been able to apply.

johnvito
Community Member

The question is: do you think this is normal? Do you think this is correct. Or you post an Only Invite or you post a normal job offer. Do you think is normal that I lost $0.90 for nothing?

The applicant , after an hour, were only 3, me included.

petra_r
Community Member

John Vito F wrote:

The question is: do you think this is normal? Do you think this is correct. Or you post an Only Invite or you post a normal job offer. Do you think is normal that I lost $0.90 for nothing?

The applicant , after an hour, were only 3, me included.

You haven't paid "for nothing" because you got to submit a proposal.

Maybe the client found the person they want to hire among the 3 or maybe there are questions about the project.

Would you be any happier if the job post had remained public and by now there would be 50 proposals?

Either way, you only get the connects back if the client cancels the job post without hiring anyone or Upwork cancels it for a terms of service violation.

Setting a job to private is perfectly normal and if you applied before it was set to private, you actually stand a better chance if the client hires because there are less applicants.

Also remember that when you see "3 applicants" that is not necessarily the number of people who have applied. For all you know 50 people have applied, and the client archived or declined 47 of them, leaving only the 3 he is still interested in. You would not know if your proposal has been archived (only if it had been declined)

prestonhunter
Community Member

John Vito:

This is what a polite, conscientious client will do.

If he posts a job, and gets some responses, and thinks maybe he has found the people he needs but isn't completely certain, then he will set the job to private/invite-only.

That way he prevents other freelancers from applying to the job while he talks to the people who already did. He eliminates any need to look through or respond to further applicants. But more important, he prevents applicants from using time and connects/$ to apply to his job when he is no longer interested in considering more people.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members