🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
alaaessam10
Community Member

Connects

I haven't got new connect this month in basic membership, It's should be 60 again??
13 REPLIES 13
mtngigi
Community Member

It is amazing to me that this connect change was rolled out in May and this question is still being asked. Did not all freelancers get the email or did they just not look if it was not a job interview or offer they just deleted it without reading.

But they didn’t roll it out all at once though so some of these people are just figuring it out.
As for the email thing that does not amaze me. They got it and ignored it.
dzadza
Community Member

...or they didn't....
I didn't get an email ...they  obviously  didn't send it to everyone

I don't doubt that Upwork intended for everybody to be notified.

But it is impossible for a large organization to send email messages to a large number of people and guarantee that they all receive and read the message. There are no doubt large numbers of intended recipients whose email messages went to their spam box, or the email message never arrived because it was filtered by intermediate servers, or the message arrived at the same time they deleted an ad email and they accidentally deleted both email messages, or they thought the message was something else and they deleted without reading it, or they no longer monitor that email address.

If 98% of intended recipients actually DID receive the email message, and if 90% of people who DID receive the message actually read it... then that means there are still a lot of people who are surprised.

florydev
Community Member

And do you see this when you login from a private browser window or is that just me?

Mark I get that one also but only after I clear my cache and cookies and login again.

Yeah, that is my point people got it and dismissed it. Pretty standard human behavior.
I agree with Preston lots of people probably didn’t get the email but I’m way more sure that lots of them ignored it.

I guess that I was one of the lucky ones that got two notices and then I got another when my account was transferred to the new connects system. Was kind of easy to spot since when I now look for projects they are all 6 connects instead of 2.

you've to buy now.

Ron M wrote:

It is amazing to me that this connect change was rolled out in May and this question is still being asked. Did not all freelancers get the email or did they just not look if it was not a job interview or offer they just deleted it without reading.

One email? It felt like a hundred, so hard to ignore. Can't help but feel that people are just hoping against hope that some kind-hearted moderator will send some free ones their way...

sidhsolutions
Community Member

Hi

We have a profiles under agency & would like to telll you about profiles one is of **Edited for Community Guidelines** & renewal date of connects on nidhi profile is on 5th of every month & shashi is on 19th & payment have deduct automatically.

As today is 8th & till date connects haven't renewed on nidhi profile yet.

Please clarify need to pay manually or payment wil be deduct automatically.

Waiting to hear back from you.

Thanks

SOLVED

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members