cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects

7bc94137
Lera M Member Since: Feb 7, 2020
1 of 33
I submitted a proposal and it was deleted in about 2 hours, I didn’t get my connects back and in support there are only bots, who can’t solve my problem. I’m really disappointed in this website because some of the jobs are fake and only done to make you use connects. I’m not likely to use it, because I don’t feel like upwork can help my career.
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 33

If you honestly believe that Upwork is creating fake jobs in order to steal your connects, then of course you should not even consider using the platform. How could you possibly trust them with anything else if they were creating fraudulent postings in order to steal from you? 

Do you really believe that?

Re the return of connects, it happens only when either Upwork kills the job for violating TOS or the client closes the job without hiring anyone. It sounds like you may be saying that Upwork zapped the job, in which case you will get your connects back. It happens automatically.

7bc94137
3 of 33
I heard lots of good reviews about this platform and that’s why I started using it, and I expected them to help with issues that I have, if they are known for such a good reputation, they should probably do it. I wouldn’t want to believe in that, but what can I think if I was checking this persons profile all the time and then suddenly he closes it with 2 hires, without any invites or interviews sent. I wouldn’t react so strong at least if they could explain the situation to me, but I can’t get any kind of support from a real human and their bots and websites only tell about when are they cancelled but not what if error happens. And now I’m even try to get help here, but you just build an opinion about me as a person, not about my problem which I came here with. Do you think that every person who is using platform deserves being treated in a good way and at least get some help from a real human being?
a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
4 of 33

Is your complaint that you submitted a proposal and it was not responded to, and that the job was either taken down or removed? 

You can check your connects history to see if the connects were refunded. But as to what the client decided to do with the job, Upwork will not give you any information in that regard. Why would they? Client information remains confidential until they make contact with a freelancer. 

If you did not get a response, and that is your complaint, I would suggest you look to improving your profile, which is very sparse and does not stand out at all. If your proposals are like your cover letter, then they will need work too, which would be why you aren't getting a response. 

Upwork would spend enormous amounts of money to provide customer support to every question, which is why there is this community forum. I'd rather they allow people to ask questions here than have my fees be higher so that freelancers without earnings can tie up customer support over simple questions. 

7bc94137
BEST ANSWER
5 of 33
No, the situation is quite different. I hope that newcomers would also have opportunity to be part of this community, but it seems to be so hard, I’m using it only for a few days, so thank you for care and your advise of making my profile wider and better. Still I would definitely recommend Upwork to give more support to those who just started using their app. We all start as beginners and your words sound so sad to me. I would also want to ask you to try to be more open to people and just give an advice in a nice way. You made my day worse 😞

View solution in original post

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 33

Lera M wrote:
 You made my day worse 😞

You're in for a rough ride if you take everything personally. Upwork is probably the most competitive freelancing platform. A minority of providers actually do earn money. Success is possible, but not guaranteed.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
7bc94137
7 of 33
Just telling you that everyone should care more about each other. Thanks for many replies
a_lipsey
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
8 of 33
If you think we weren't being nice in giving of our free time to you to answer some questions then you are going to have a really tough time being a freelancer. I think you might fair better to find a regular job.
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 33

Lera M wrote:
but what can I think if I was checking this persons profile all the time and then suddenly he closes it with 2 hires, without any invites or interviews sent. ?

If they hired 2 people, it obviously wasn't a fake job. If it's a fake job created by Upwork to sell connects, why would they close it suddenly? Instead, they shouldn't hire anyone and interview as many freelancers as possible so more freelancers would apply and spend connects.

10 of 33
First of all this job is only for one person, also it was really urgent request, that’s why it seems quite suspicious. I don’t claim for hundred percent that upwork did it on purpose but I think there can be error and I don’t want to take customers data, but I do want to have an opportunity to ask a human and check if something went wrong.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS