Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
11 of 25

Thanks for starting the discussion Lyam. Adding value to the Plus (paid) membership plans is something we're continue to explore. Keep the ideas coming.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 25

I don't know if the numbers and financials work out to do so.... but one obvious way to add value to the Premium membership would be to have Customer Service via Chat available to Premium Members, whereas regular messaging/ticket/email chat is available to regular contractors.

The one problem I can see with that is Premium Members thinking that the privilege gives them carte blanche to use chat customer service... and flooding the system...

"How do I answer this interview question about if I have relevant work experience?"

"How do I change my profile picture?"

"Why is my Internet so slow today?"

"If I'm making French fries, how long do I leave them in the oven for?"

There may need to be some kind of limit set...

Highlighted
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
13 of 25

You cook fries 20 minutes at 450, turning them at the 10 minute mark...add a bit of salt and enjoy Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 25

Thanks William!

Would you be willing to work for oDesk Customer Support? You'd be great!

Highlighted
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
15 of 25

I haven't been paid for my answer to "How long should I cook my fries" question yet, so I think I'll hold on making that full time commitment to CS...Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
16 of 25

Thanks William!

Would you be willing to work for oDesk Customer Support? You'd be great!

William can cook fries so he is better off working at Macca's where they pay more per hour!

Highlighted
Adam R Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
17 of 25

Highlighted
Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
18 of 25

This is interesting.  Despite all my antipathy to the client happiness score, I'm pretty optimistic about the Connects feature.

Time will tell.

Also saw on another thread, membership benefits for keeping client happiness above 90%. 

We'll see how this turns out.

Highlighted
Volodymyr B Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
19 of 25

I'm totally upset with that connects.

-1 to oDesk karma.

You asking freelancers to pass tests, fight agains each other, place lower bids. Why?

I shall pay taxes 10% to you, 10% to goverment and now additional 10$ to place bids?

What about customers? Why you dont filter them?

90% of projects are stupid **bleep** like this "Do this for me for 10$ please NOW urgent"

Why no make tests for customers and ask them to pay you 10$.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 25

Hi Vladimir and Kirk,

I would like to note that you do not have to pay to bid for jobs on oDesk. With the Freelancer Basic plan, you still get 60 connects per month. 

Also, taking time off of oDesk should not affect your Job Success score as long as you change your availability setting to Not Available. That way invitations you do not respond to will not count against your responsiveness score.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS