🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Consequent Milestone release
Page options
igorsinitskiy
Community Member

Consequent Milestone release

On a finishing stage of current milestone My client asked me to postpone current one and start another that is more urgent (created it and funded) , then another one (also funded) now he is asking to do some more job and said that he cant release last 2 completed milestones because the first one is not released SO  Im stuck with 2.5 completed milestones without any payment. 

My question : is it true that you cannot release milestones that are following not completed milestone ?

If so is there any way to fix that issue on Upowrk ?

Thanx

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Igor S wrote:

On a finishing stage of current milestone My client asked me to postpone current one and start another that is more urgent (created it and funded) , then another one (also funded) now he is asking to do some more job and said that he cant release last 2 completed milestones because the first one is not released SO  Im stuck with 2.5 completed milestones without any payment. 

My question : is it true that you cannot release milestones that are following not completed milestone ?

Thanx

That is true. 

But there is no reason to not change the next milestone to whatever the task is, it is completely immaterial what the milestone is called, etc. Also the client can adjust the amount. 

So ask your client to do that, you should never have agreed to this procedure. He might be trying to take advantage of your inexperience. Don't let him. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Igor S wrote:

Thanx

That is true. 

But there is no reason to not change the next milestone to whatever the task is, it is completely immaterial what the milestone is called, etc. Also the client can adjust the amount. 

So ask your client to do that, you should never have agreed to this procedure. He might be trying to take advantage of your inexperience. Don't let him. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members