🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Constant captcha - can't contact support team
Page options
natalia_zubenko
Community Member

Constant captcha - can't contact support team

Hello everyone,

today I faced with the following problem. Some time ago my profile was switched to private and today I wanted to make it public again. In order to do that I should contact the support team. After pressing the link I was transferred to a new tab, where captcha verification was requested. After confirming that I am not a robot, the captcha request is shown again and this is an endless process. I've tried two laptops and different internet browsers, but the problem remains. I've managed to load the page in Mozilla browser, but after pressing "reset my profile visibility" still nothing happens. (adblock is disabled though).

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Natalia,

Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is one of the tools Upwork uses to help ensure a safe online workplace. That said, it's not normal when CAPTCHA appears too often.

Please, make sure that:
• Javascript is enabled
• Cookies are enabled
• Your browser does not block ads
• Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

Your profile visibility is also back to public. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue.  My profile was also set to private and I had to request that it was set back to public.  It was reset but now I am having contiual captcha request.  I also cannot reach support from inside of UpWork.  This started after my account was set to private the first time.  It was also set back to private about 2 days after I had it reset to public.  It has since been reset again, but it is just fustrating that I have needed to set it back to public twice within 5 days.  Now the captchas are appearing before I can log in and when I try to access the Help and Support tab.  My IP address has not changed in the last month and I verified when it did change prior to this month.  Can you help with this? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erika,

Could you please check the tips Goran shared in the post above. Additionally, may you please check the reputation of your external IP here and the troubleshooting steps shared here.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members