🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Constant scams from the same account Upwork i...
Page options
jacob-t
Community Member

Constant scams from the same account Upwork is doing nothing about.

Every day for the past two weeks I've reported this exact job multiple times 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

It's the exact same every time, cut off mid sentence in the same spot. When I first saw it I applied to just to check and was sent a poorly made PDF that obviously had new info pasted over the original telling me to set up a Skype call with whoever, when I asked for more details they insisted I set up the call and wouldn't say anything else. I've since reported this DOZENS of times, multiple times a day, every day. It's the same post, from the same account, why won't Upwork just ban their associated IPs or something?

4 REPLIES 4
kelly_e
Community Member

We don't know why.

I have some I've been reporting for six MONTHS or more. IPs could be banned, exact-same-wording could be automatically caught and stopped, etc.

To be slightly fair—it's a vicious game of whack-a-mole... but IMO there's also a lot of not-trying-hard-enough to stem the tide on UW's part, and like I said—we don't know why more isn't done.

jacob-t
Community Member

Yeah, I know posting here is a waste of time and Upwork has zero customer service, but in this case it's literally the same account posting the same thing over and over and over every day, surely they could at least close the account and make them open a new one!

Freelancers spend connects for each that scam post? So it is profitable. Maybe this is answer for your question. 🙂

kelly_e
Community Member

I'm gonna defend them once more—UW Customer Service, including the lovely folks who staff this forum, are doing their best and even if we kvetch and think they could do more at times, they are right there for all-out emergencies (usually).

Whack-a-mole is probably in a very different department from CS, though, and who knows how that department's staffed and what their priorities are.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members