cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly getting invites from newbie clients - is it the oDesk guarantee?

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
1 of 8
Is it just me? I am suddenly being besieged with invititations from clients with no hires and who are often unverified. I've had the guarantee badge on previous jobs; could these clients be getting a message that if they hire me, the work is guaranteed? Would the guarantee show before they invite me? Or do clients get some recommended contractor list when they post jobs? It seems like it is more than just my profile placement in search, as I am getting noticeably more invites from newbies than from established clients.
Oluwakemi B Member Since: Mar 26, 2013
2 of 8
Hi Marcia, you are getting the invites because once a new client post a job, they are given choices of about ten freelancers that fit the job post, this helps to make their work easier. They don't need to search for your name, oDesk just give them about 10 choices of freelancers, and since you have a guarantee, I guess that's what is attracting their attention.
Community Guru
3 of 8
In general, I don't have a problem with new clients, as long as I can find out more about them, but I'm worried that too many of these new clients could be looking for free work.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
4 of 8
I may have missed it, but how do you see this money back guarantee badge on your profile? Or, is it only shown to clients?
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
5 of 8
AFAIK it doesn't go with the freelancer but with the specific job. The freelancer only sees it when they look at the job details after the contract's signed (I think, though I'm open to correction)
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
6 of 8
I think your right. I don't see the MBG in my profile but I can see it in my contract.
Community Guru
7 of 8
That's why I am asking. I had the guarantee on a previous job I was hired for. I could see the badge in My Contracts, so I know it's possible that oDesk would guarantee me for some other jobs It seems odd that I am getting a slew of invites from new clients but the number of invites from clients with any work history isn't increasing in the same manner. I wonder if I show up on that list that goes to clients posting jobs for the first time with a guarantee badge next to my name.
Oluwakemi B Member Since: Mar 26, 2013
8 of 8
I think that's what is going on, you show up with the badge next to your name.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS