Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constructive criticism on profile

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
Mikila S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
1 of 24

Hi everyone

Anyone willing to give some constructive criticism on my profile?

Any feedback, suggestions, recommendations etc.

Thanks.

Edit: I changed the profile setting to 'public' but I think it might still be showing 'profile not public'. HELP!

Edit 2: I'm working on my portfolio.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 24

Profile not public. Smiley Happy

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
3 of 24

Yea. I changed it to 'public' in my profile settings.  How long before you'll be able to view my profile?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 24

Maliki,

The change is immediate.

Your profile is currently private and we can't see it. Clients who conduct searches won't see your profile either.

You need to go into your account settings and find the "Visibility" dropdown menu and change the setting to: "Public".

Upwork.com => Login => click on your name in top right corner => click on "Settings" => click on "Profile Settings" => Visibility: Public

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
5 of 24

It's public now.

corey-hanson
Ace Contributor
Corey H Member Since: Sep 14, 2015
6 of 24

I can see it now. Some changes:

"1. Working on other assignments which have to be completed" This is very vague, you probably want to be more specific in regards to your strengths.

Lose the part about the experience as an intern, unless you are more specific in clarifying for who or what type of business you were interning.

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
7 of 24

Hi Corey

1. What I meant was that the quick turn-around time would allow the client to start new projects, continue ones which were probably put on the back burner etc. I'll do some refining.

Is it that the word 'intern' has a negative connotation?

It was Summer employment and I performed administrative/clerical tasks.

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
8 of 24

It's public now.

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
9 of 24

Overall, I think your profile looks impressive. I found some nit-picky spelling and random capitalization errors (my pet peeve). Here is an example:

Resume-writing, Cover-Letter writing, SPA-ENG/ENG-SPA Translation, Editing and Proofreading, Other writing are the services that I offer.

I don't think resume writing and cover letter writing should be hyphenated, and translation, editing and proofreading, other writing... should not have capital letters, as they are not proper nouns. There are others in the rest of your copy, you might double-check that.

Nice job!

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
10 of 24

Hi Cathleen

I tend to disagree about the capitalization of said words. I actually HATE to see overviews with small letters throughout. (Lol!)

I will check the rest of it out though and thanks for your feedback.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS