Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constructive criticism on profile

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
21 of 24

Don't worry about the spelling - color and colour are correct. I'll have a look and pm you  tomorrow on things where UK and US style coincide.

Your overview is fine, except for those little glitches - and none of us would even be taking this trouble unless we thought you were worth it. Smiley Happy

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
Mikila S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
22 of 24

Thanks!

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
23 of 24

"Service Menu: Resume writing, Cover letter writing, SPA-ENG/ENG-SPA Translation, French-based creole services (Haitian Creole), Editing and Proofreading"

Service Menu: Resume writing; cover-letter writing; SPA-ENG/ENG-SPA translation; French-based Creole services (Haitian Creole); editing and proofreading.

Re the hyphen - my opinion says there should be one, in cover-letter writing, as cover letter is  noun phrase modifying the following noun, so it avois confusion; but it's not a total hard and fast rule unless there's obvious potential for confusion.

Really, Maliki, it's your call. But as an experienced editor I can tell you that over-capitalisation (and worse, inconsistent capitalisation) is one of the worst things I see. It nearly always looks cluttered and distracting.

"French-based creole services (Haitian Creole" You over-capitalise, yet leave out the capital from an important proper noun/name (Creole) once out of two instances in the same line. It's these kind of little things that make the difference. Absolute precision and consistency is essential. Some would say that's being picky - but that's the whole point...

I'm sure Nichola will help you a bit more. Good luck with your new career.

fluentinspanish
Community Leader
Mikila S Member Since: Sep 12, 2015
24 of 24

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and especially for pointing that out about creole vs Creole.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS