🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contact Info
Page options
c65721e7
Community Member

Contact Info

In my portfolio I have the following contact info. 

1. A let's chat button where client can chat with me live
  2. My mobile, what'sapp and skype info
  3. A form section where client can email me
  4. My social media links info where client can follow me(facebook,twitter)

My question is will it be a problem if I use that portfolio on cover letter? Or should I remove everything related to contact info. I have attaeched some screen shorts please check them.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

I would suggest that you create a copy of your portfolio that does not have any way to contact you and just links back to your Upwork profile and then use the URL to that in your proposals.

You should also use your Upwork portfolio. Many (if not most) clients don't want to hop here, there and everywhere, they have dozens of proposals to get through and want to ideally see everything in one place (your profile).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

I would suggest that you create a copy of your portfolio that does not have any way to contact you and just links back to your Upwork profile and then use the URL to that in your proposals.

You should also use your Upwork portfolio. Many (if not most) clients don't want to hop here, there and everywhere, they have dozens of proposals to get through and want to ideally see everything in one place (your profile).

c65721e7
Community Member

Great recommendation >3

NikolaS

Hi Jakaria,

I would like to add that like the rest of your profile, posting contact info isn’t allowed in your portfolio. That means these files (and linked sites) can’t include your email address, phone number, or chat ID. 

You can find more information on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
digitalguru3477
Community Member

Hi Jakaria,

Great question. I use the sites.google link to create my portfolio. You can add a lot of things to it. I didn't need to add my social media links, so I didn't. 

Here's an example: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members