cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Info

Highlighted
Dario J Member Since: Jun 13, 2018
1 of 3

I had 2 accounts one a new account that I planned working with, and the other is an old account with my PayPal email address. I closed the old one cause, of course, I don't need it. Is there any way to edit my new accounts contact info with the old account email address. It says that the email is already in use.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 3

Hi Dario,

Unfortunately you wont be able to use your email from your old account on your new account. Opening a second account is a violation of our TOS, I would strongly advise you to reopen your old account and close this one. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

re: "I had 2 accounts one a new account that I planned working with, and the other is an old account with my PayPal email address. I closed the old one cause, of course, I don't need it. Is there any way to edit my new accounts contact info with the old account email address. It says that the email is already in use."

Yeah... you can't do that. Sorry.

Upwork has strict rules about this kind of thing. You're not allowed to make multiple accounts. It's one of their most important rules. They will suspend your account(s) if they catch you doing something like this.

BUT: They are happy to work with freelancers who come forward and try to make things right.

If you contact customer support and ask for their help to get rid of the new account and promise to to not do this again, they'll work with you and they probably won't penalize you for creating a second (prohibited) account.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS