🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contact on Email Scam
Page options
9cc424b2
Community Member

Contact on Email Scam

hello,

This scam is spreading quickly on Upwork, where a client posts a job and asks you to contact them via email. They also offer a good price, and once the freelancer contacts them, they offer a check payment. Unfortunately, many freelancers are falling for it, and scam job posts are becoming increasingly common on Upwork. My request is that those jobs should be removed from Upwork and filtered out so that the quality of work available on this site is maintained.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
PradeepH

Hi Batool,

Thank you for your message. I will forward your report to the relevant team to review and take action on the flagged jobs.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I highly appreciate it

petra_r
Community Member

batool f wrote:

This scam is spreading quickly on Upwork, where a client posts a job and asks you to contact them via email.

If you stop violating Upwork's terms of service by contacting clients outside the platform which is strictly forbidden, you not only avoid the scammers, you also don't get your account suspended for violating the terms of service...

9cc424b2
Community Member

Of course, we are avoiding these scams by not replying, but as time goes on, these scams are taking up so much space that finding a proper and legitimate job is becoming increasingly difficult. For example, whenever I open my find work tab, these jobs take up the entire page, while appropriate jobs are very short.

petra_r
Community Member

batool f wrote:  For example, whenever I open my find work tab, these jobs take up the entire page, while appropriate jobs are very short.

You can filter them off?

glen-s
Community Member

Unfortunately, Upwork couldn't care less.

shitald19
Community Member

Hi I have been contacted via email too...they want me to send them some info and they will reply via email. Is this right? I am very uncertain about this. Is there any way I can forward the email? I don't want to lose the opportunity to work if it is genuine. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members