🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contact outside upwork
Page options
saklain3
Community Member

Contact outside upwork

I submitted a proposal and now they telling me to contact using telegram. Is it allowed?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

It is not allowed.

And even if it was allowed, why would you want to talk to that person?

He is a scammer trying to steal money from your bank account.

That is the main reason why Upwork prohibits freelancers from talking to prospective clients outside of Upwork. Before you are officially hired, you must communicate using Upwork. Scammers are the ones who want to talk to freelancers on Telegram before actually hiring them.

If you are caught doing this (communicating via Telegram before being hired), then YOUR Upwork account could be suspended.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

No.

It is not allowed.

And even if it was allowed, why would you want to talk to that person?

He is a scammer trying to steal money from your bank account.

That is the main reason why Upwork prohibits freelancers from talking to prospective clients outside of Upwork. Before you are officially hired, you must communicate using Upwork. Scammers are the ones who want to talk to freelancers on Telegram before actually hiring them.

If you are caught doing this (communicating via Telegram before being hired), then YOUR Upwork account could be suspended.

Thank you very much sir

NikolaS

Hi Saklain,

As Preston already mentioned, please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. Additionally, you may want to check this page to find more information about how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Nikola
Upwork
saklain3
Community Member

Thank you very much sir, 

d115282a
Community Member

Gosh, so glad I checked this because I applied for two and both asked to contact them via email the other Telegrath. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members