🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contact with client
Page options
p_kumar_mondal
Community Member

Contact with client

A new client has given me a link for an interview call to discuss our project. Though I have told her that I can't communicate outside of Upwork. So she is confused. If we meet there It will be better for her as it's a scheduled interview. The link is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

What should I do now? Is it safe for me to join the interview using the link?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Prosanta,

I would like to confirm that it is against Upwork's TOS for clients to request your contact information and communicate outside of the platform before a contract is in place. 

We find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result the potential for these behaviors to cause harm decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Prosanta,

I would like to confirm that it is against Upwork's TOS for clients to request your contact information and communicate outside of the platform before a contract is in place. 

We find that when users communicate outside of Upwork there is an increased risk of fraud, scam, and other harmful behaviors. When communications (and work) stay on our platform we can better track, verify, and help address any issues that emerge, and as a result the potential for these behaviors to cause harm decreases dramatically. For example, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, click here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths