🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contacting Customer Support for Freelancers
Page options
john83858
Community Member

Contacting Customer Support for Freelancers

How on earth do I get in touch with UpWork customer support for Freelancers?!

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

You have reached the Upwork Community, and I'm one of the Community Moderators. How can I assist you today?

~ Avery
Upwork
john83858
Community Member

I wanted to communicate with a member of the UpWork team privately through a standard ticketing system. How do I do this please? Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

Upwork Help Center offers a variety of support options. Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
john83858
Community Member

As I said, I had hoped to communicate through a ticketing system instead of a forum platform. The problem I'm having is that I've submitted over 30 proposals (after buying multiple 'connects') at all different price points and worded in several different ways and not had a single response. Your system suggests around 5 before getting a bite. I was hoping someone could review what I was doing to make sure I'm not doing something stupid. Obviously I'm not going to post proposals on an open forum!

John G wrote:

As I said, I had hoped to communicate through a ticketing system instead of a forum platform. The problem I'm having is that I've submitted over 30 proposals (after buying multiple 'connects') at all different price points and worded in several different ways and not had a single response. Your system suggests around 5 before getting a bite. 

At the moment, the site is overrun like never before by freelancers and hopefuls from around the globe. The competition is beyond fierce and even before the current nightmare situation, most new freelancers never won a job.

This is not the place (and never had been) to learn how to be a freelancer or run a business.

Your profile is poor. There is nothing that sells you, notthing that makes you stand out. Your overview not even 2 lines long and doesn't mention the client and how hiring you will benefit the client. It does not look like you made any effort at all.

You have not added a single portfiolio item, no details about your work history, you didn't even bother completing your profile.

Your profile picture makes you look too young to have 15 yers pprofessional experience.

Tell me, if you were a client and looked at 30 profiles, including your own: Would **YOU** hire yourself?

John:
The queston you just described... It is NOT an appropriate matter to go to Upwork Customer Support with.

They can not help you with that.

This is the type of thing that Upwork users read the Community Forum for... And they post questions here and seek advice here.

You are NOT required to post your proposals in the Forum. But nor can you go to Upwork Customer Support and ask them to read over your proposals and offer you advice.

You are certainly welcome to read the thousands of posts in the Forum about this topic, and/or post specific questions about your situation and your strategies. Go into as much or as little detail as you want to. The Forum participants are actully a very chatty bunch.

Sometimes a person will post a simple question, and responses can go on for pages... including some very useful information that leads to freelancers earning $$$.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members