🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contacting Support
Page options
jonbe
Community Member

Contacting Support

Is it just me or do other people have trouble contacting support? I can't find a phone number, email address, chat or anything. I have a problem changing my payment details and just keep going around in circles. A pop up says to contact support but I can't contact support. There is a get support feature at the bottom of the screen but this is hopeless it refers me to irrelevant articles and things I know already. 

This is not support, it is more like being stuck in Kafka's machine. This seems to be a general trend with many online businesses making it difficult to contact anyone. Is this to save money or do such businesses have so many queries that cant handle it?

Why has Upwork taken this approach? they talk about support and reaching out, but this doesn't seem true in reality. I have a genuine problem and can't get help. It shouldn't be like this.

What doe do people think? Has anyone else had the same issue? How can we get help and be heard? DO you think it should be easier to contact an organisation, especially if they are making money from you and rely on your input? There is no 2 way communication here.

18 REPLIES 18
debi-f
Community Member

Totally agree!

Once, some time ago, it was easy to contact the Support Team, ask a question and receive an answer. Today, or from some time ago, I only get a machine answer with links to any articles I don't need.

debi-f
Community Member

Hello

Once, some time ago, it was easy to contact the Support Team, ask a question and receive an answer. 

Today, or from some time ago, I only get a machine answer with links to any articles I don't need.

Please, how can I contact the Support Team, I mean a human that can read and answer what I need.

The issue is: I received an invitation today for a job, I read it earlier in the Upwork app, but I can't find it now in the website. 

I'd appreciate an answer.

Thank you

Debi

Hi Débora,

You should be able to find any invites by navigating to Find Work > Proposals and checking the Invitations to Interview section. If you don't see anything there, you might want to check the Archived tab.

~Andrea
Upwork
AndreaG

Hi Jonathan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble contacting support. Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so we could help? Please include a screenshot of the error so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm sorry to interrupt but the issue is not specific to him. This is a problem that every Freelancer on Upwork is now facing. Immediately you have a problem then you are on your own. A long-term solution will be to make it easy to reach support. I tried uploading my portfolio and it is forever in review; I can't get what is happening and there is no one to contact. Please help

Peter O wrote:

I tried uploading my portfolio and it is forever in review;

What, longer than the standard 3 days? How long is your "forever"?

Yes Peter, this is the point there needs to be a long term solution that is user friendly. Finally, I have managed to get a ticket raised and contact someone at Upwork. I has taken 5 days though. I managed to trick the automated "Get Support" machine somehow. This is ridiculous, I shouldn't have to do this to get a question answered.

The ironic thing is though, I wanted to add Revolut as my payment method and the relevant form wouldn't accept my sort code. The Upwork agent told me in their reply that they don't recommend Revolut because Revolut is difficult to contact. (ironic or what)

They also said that Revolut was technically not a bank. Then the Upwork agent recommended I use PayPal.(which is technically not a bank)

Is there anything we can do to persuade Upwork to improve their 'Support'. This seems a common issue that is ignored. Perhaps we could get a petition together or something?

Cheers

Jonathan

jonbe
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I appreciate your help as a moderator in suggesting I elaborate on why I wanted to contact Upwork. However, this does not address the issue of this post.  Your message implies that the method for contacting Upwork is to post the issue with the community and hope a moderator picks up on it and you get your question answered. 

Yet still the problem of contacting Upwork remains. If this is the preferred method for contacting support, then Upwork should say so.

Do you really think this is the best way to offer support though? 

Thanks for your reply though.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Jonathan, I will share it with our engineering team so that our team can improve the process and make it more easier to connect with our Customer Support. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran,

I'm somewhat hazy on my understanding for the "Member" designation as shown in your response - "...I will share it with our engineering team...".   Is the designation or classification of "Member" an indication you are a member of the Freelancer class or an employed member of Upwork?  I'm a "Member" so my belief is that "Member" is representing Freelancers; please clarify.  Why are you designated a Member but your post suggests an employee of Upwork?

- Eric

Eric: Goran is an Upwork employee.

Something is not working correctly in the way that the Forum displays employee designations. Normally an Upwork symbol appears next to Forum Moderator Goran's name.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the designations/roles here in the Commuinty. We have created a separate role for former team members to hopefully make things clearer for those who come across their older posts.

I also appreciate your feedback about Upwork customer support. The team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive. In general, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.
~ Valeria
Upwork
dadinka
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

I just walked through the theme because I have problem contacting the support too. Can you help me please?

My name is Daniela Yordanova and I just noticed I have a problem with my working diary. I have some working hours spent this week that are visible on the Time tracker but are not visible in my profile. So as work in progress I have 0 hours instead of about 3 .My contract is an active one! It hasn't been canceled or something... I have screenshots. How can you help me please?

Best,
Daniela

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Daniela,

You can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

Select your name at the lower left of the app
Select Support and Feedback
Enter the details of your issue and choose Send

~Andrea
Upwork
jonbe
Community Member

Hi Goran

Thanks, that would be great. As you can see it is not just an issue for me and making the process easier when it comes to contacting support would help a lot of Upwork users.

Cheers

Jonathan

etolsen
Community Member

Four months and counting...no improvement that I noticed in a recent attempt to obtain Support.  The process was once as I experienced...wade through the bot responses for non-answers days later an email would arrive from Support; slow but better than none.

Requesting an update for Upwork Engineering Team.

stasyf
Community Member

I still can´t submit my request for the support. How to contact support team? On a phone? Mail? Please, give me some hint.

Hi Anastasiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I saw that you were able to contact support but have not gotten a response yet.  Please know that our support team responds to tickets in the order that they were received. Kindly allow time for our team to get to your request, and we will assist you as best as we can. Thank you for your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members