Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Content writing -Chemistry

emma_gopi_jr
Emma G Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
11 of 18

Hi Avery,

I'll let this experience motivate me, rather than discourage. Just have to be more dilligent next time.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Emma

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
12 of 18

@Emma G wrote:

Hi Avery,

I'll let this experience motivate me, rather than discourage. Just have to be more dilligent next time.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Emma

Just out of curiosity- do you have a background in chemistry? If you do, I'm just wondering why it took you so long to answer some mid-level questions?

If you don't have a background in chemistry, or any formal training in the subject, what made you think you could do this job? Not attacking you- just asking.

emma_gopi_jr
13 of 18

Hi Reinier,

Appreciate the curiosity.

Yep, I can say I have more than sufficient background.

It wasn't the answering part that took long. That was the easiest part. It's the explaining part that ate most of the minutes.

I was "tasked" to pattern my explanations after a platform that the client provided. For most part,  each explanation (in my opinion) was substantive enough to be consumed in an actual classroom lecture.  All using my own words. Only used the net as a 2nd layer of quality check (the first layer involved physical books), and when I needed a photo which I initially attempted to draw using MS Paint, but ended up "borrowing" from an online resounce (which I cited accordingly).

Add to that is the challenge of being able to explain mid-level Chemistry concepts such as and calculations in thermodynamics, electrolysis and half reactions to the target audience who have little to no prior background, as I was told. There were a lot of oohs and aahhs as I read and re-read, and naturally, there was a number of tweaking done.

Cheers.

Emma

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
14 of 18

Emma,

I think you are well out of it. It also seems as if the client is asking for course work to be done. Academic cheating is another Upwork violation.

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
15 of 18

@Emma G wrote:

Hi Reinier,

Appreciate the curiosity.

Yep, I can say I have more than sufficient background.

It wasn't the answering part that took long. That was the easiest part. It's the explaining part that ate most of the minutes.

I was "tasked" to pattern my explanations after a platform that the client provided. For most part,  each explanation (in my opinion) was substantive enough to be consumed in an actual classroom lecture.  All using my own words. Only used the net as a 2nd layer of quality check (the first layer involved physical books), and when I needed a photo which I initially attempted to draw using MS Paint, but ended up "borrowing" from an online resounce (which I cited accordingly).

Add to that is the challenge of being able to explain mid-level Chemistry concepts such as and calculations in thermodynamics, electrolysis and half reactions to the target audience who have little to no prior background, as I was told. There were a lot of oohs and aahhs as I read and re-read, and naturally, there was a number of tweaking done.

Cheers.

Emma

I agree with Nichola that you are well rid of this "client". It just does not make sense to answer the questions on the level you described for the benefit of people that won't understand what you are talking about. Its' a pity about the time you spent on this, but take it as a lesson in how some clients camouflage academic fraud. 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 18

jack that price wayyyyy up cuz he ain't finding very many people for that

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
17 of 18

ugh nvm another one gettng scammed....

emma_gopi_jr
18 of 18

Hi Jennifer,

The profile looked so legit, though. And the hiring history, too.

But, yes, hope I'm the last one to fall for that job.

Many thanks!

Emma

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS