🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract Cancelling
Page options
ard1997x
Community Member

Contract Cancelling

Hello there,

I have a slight issue with a client whom I started the contract with 2 days ago. The client invited me and chose to continue with me then he sent an offer with total budget of 500$ and 250$ funded in escrow. I accepted the offer and the contract started however suddenly, client said that he was having crisis in his company and he may not open it at all so he said that he won't need my design services.

Now, he did send me a message that he will cancel the contract. While I don't have a problem if he cancels since I didn't got the chance to do any work yet but I'm worried if this will affect my JSS?!

Also, if he chooses to leave the contract open for a while with milestone funded but nothing released, will this affect my JSS as well?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Best,

Ardi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hello Ardi,

Thank you for reaching out. Clients will not be able to leave public feedback on a contract that does not have an earning. However, they can still leave private feedback so Biljana mentioned, it would be best to end the contract right away and on a good note to protect your JSS.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bilsim
Community Member

The faster they close it the less it will affect you, don't let it hang for long.

759e32fa

Hello Ardi,

Thank you for reaching out. Clients will not be able to leave public feedback on a contract that does not have an earning. However, they can still leave private feedback so Biljana mentioned, it would be best to end the contract right away and on a good note to protect your JSS.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie and Biljana for your assistance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths