Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Closed Due to Inactivity Despite Constant Exchange of Messages

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Chandhini B Upwork Staff Member Since: Apr 29, 2016
11 of 15

Thank you everyone for raising this issue! You're absolutely right that the escrow refund request email subject line is misleading in this scenario. I've added it to our team's roadmap and we'll update the email copy to make it more clear in these cases where the escrow refund request is triggered automatically due to funds being in escrow for an extended period of time. The copy update should be live in the next couple of weeks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
12 of 15

Thanks for following up on this, Chandhini B.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 15

Hi Chandhini,

Great, we've been asking for this for literally years...

While you're at it, can the email sent to freelancers whose hourly payment was reversed because of hours not being eligible for payment protection also be changed from "You gave a refund to client X" - which is causing even more confusion than this one? 

It is really difficult to explain to them that the client isn't *actually* getting a refund, but that the client never paid so there was never actually anything to "refund" - but barely a Tuesday goes by when this doesn't crop up!

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Chandhini B Upwork Staff Member Since: Apr 29, 2016
14 of 15

Thanks for passing that along as well, Petra! I've shared it our internal team and we'll look into making the communication more clear.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 15

Chandhini B wrote:

Thanks for passing that along as well, Petra! I've shared it our internal team and we'll look into making the communication more clear.

Wonderful! Thanks so much for being proactive. Much appreciated!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS