🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Dateline
Page options
f186651e
Community Member

Contract Dateline

The client was unresponsive because she was sick for a bit over a week. Now, the dateline has passed and I don´t know if submitting a work with an expired dateline will be detrimental for my job success rate here.

Should I requests the client to send a new contract or what else can you recommend me?

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
roberty1y
Community Member

You could get the elient to extend the deadline before you submit your work. As far as I know, this can't be done retroactively - i.e. don't close the contract until the deadline is extended.

petra_r
Community Member

Roger M wrote:

The client was unresponsive because she was sick for a bit over a week. Now, the dateline has passed and I don´t know if submitting a work with an expired dateline will be detrimental for my job success rate here.

There is no such thing as an expired dateline. The deadline is purely between you and the client. Just submit the work, it (of course) has no negative effect on anything whatsoever at all. As long as the client is happy, there is no problem.

Roger M wrote:

Should I requests the client to send a new contract

No, absolutely not. Just submit and carry on.

Robert Y wrote:

You could get the elient to extend the deadline before you submit your work. 

That is neither possible nor does it make any sense. The deadline is utterly irrelevant as far as Upwork and the freelancer's metrics are concerned. Going over the deadline has no effect.

prestonhunter
Community Member

You aren't penalized by Upwork due to the deadline or dateline. Don't worry about it. The only thing that matters is if the client is satisfied.

So if the client is sick and it is the client who is slowing things down... then you don't need to do anything. Don't need a new contract. Don't need to extend the deadline using a button. There is not button for that anyway.

If you have finished the work, then submit it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members