🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract Doesn't have activity from the d...
Page options
ronpalama
Community Member

Contract Doesn't have activity from the day hired

Hi,

I have an aged contract (3 months now) that doesn't have any single activity from the start because the client doesn't communicate anymore, How can I request to end the contract, I am redundantly asking the client what is the status until now no response at all?

Please assist to fix.

FYI below contract details:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/f/offer/12955213

Thank you,

Ronilo

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Ronilo P wrote:

I have an aged contract (3 months now) that doesn't have any single activity from the start because the client doesn't communicate anymore,

Just end it yourself-

In future, NEVER axxept a contract unless you have what you need to start working and logging at least 10 minutes of time.

So how can i end the contract without affecting my JSS?

Ronilo P wrote:
So how can i end the contract without affecting my JSS?

It's already affecting your JSS, so it makes no difference.

Would you mind to tell who are you?

Petra, that advice, though commonly seen on this message board and applicable in some cases, is impractical for certain types of projects

I don't always even know what information I will need from a client before I have actually begun working on their project. Or they tell me they have the information and it turns out they need to make significant changes to it before it is useful to me in completing their project.

And in some cases, I and the client agree that certain information will be needed at some point during the project, but there is no reason to delay starting the entire project until that information is in a form I can use. 

Will L wrote:

Petra, that advice, though commonly seen on this message board and applicable in some cases, is impractical for certain types of projects

I don't always even know what information I will need from a client before I have actually begun working on their project. 

As long as you can "start working" on it for 10 minutes that's not an issue in an hourly job. (the OP's contract is hourly)

On a fixed rate job you could set up a small first milestone for that initial fact-finding mission.

For fixed rate contracts there is also always the option to request a small part of a milestone to avoid a "nothing paid" contract. 

puckrobin
Community Member

Writing about project requirements is also in the scope of the project. Start time tracker and write a short report about how you would be proceeding if you had the details from the client.

After 10 minutes of time tracking and screenshot of the tracker, close the tracker, complete and send the message and wait for the outcome. Do it now as you have only 15 hours until the end of the week.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members