🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract Ended with Funds still in Escrow
Page options
eduardoarb
Community Member

Contract Ended with Funds still in Escrow

Hello there!

I had a fixed-price contract with only one milestone (which was already funded) with a new client.

I had all the information I needed, communication with client was doing well, and yesterday I sent him the deliverable (via the Messages tool), apparently, he wasn't happy with the results, he made a few comments, which in my opinion were wrong or could have been adjusted, he then went and ended the contract and requested a refund for the funds that were/are in escrow. 

So my initial intention is to refuse this refund and open up a dispute as I still did the work with high standards, nonetheless, I'm a little bit concerned about the adverse effects of opening up a dispute:

1. If the dispute gets resolved on my favor, or in any money gets paid to me under this dispute is the Client going to be able to post public feedback? I'm aware he is able to provide private feedback that could still hurt the JSS. 

2. Do disputes affect the JSS?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Eduardo R wrote:

1. If the dispute gets resolved on my favor, or in any money gets paid to me under this dispute is the Client going to be able to post public feedback? I'm aware he is able to provide private feedback that could still hurt the JSS. 

2. Do disputes affect the JSS?

1. Yes, the client will be able to leave public feedback if anything over $ 1 is paid. Private feedback has already been left at the time of closing the contract.

2. The effect on your JSS is already done and dusted. It came from the (private) feedback the client left while closing the contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths