🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Is On Hold
Page options
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Contract Is On Hold

I have an hourly contract that was put on hold by Upwork 21 days ago due to “some possible issues.”

If these “issues” are not resolved, what is the next action Upwork will eventually take and when will Upwork take it?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Will L wrote:

If these “issues” are not resolved, what is the next action Upwork will eventually take and when will Upwork take it?

Regarding your contract? None.

The client is (currently) suspended. Unless the client resolves the issues, it stays like that.

This would be different for a fixed price contract with money in Escrow, but nothing will change for an hourly contract.

Well, I'll give it a year and then cancel the project myself.

Will L wrote:

Well, I'll give it a year and then cancel the project myself.

The contract won't affect your JSS one way or the other when the client is suspended. But yes, that sounds like a plan. Or close it earlier, if you want to keep your "jobs in progress" number down. I need to do another purge of mine...

The client was flaky from Day One.

He initially wanted a fixed price but wasn't sure exactly what work I needed to do, so I told him I would only work under an hourly agreement.

Then he complained when he'd want me to make his many changes and additions to the work and I'd track the time for that work.

I suspect he did something to make his payment method unusable for Upwork, which is why Upwork put the job on hold.

I doubt I'll ever hear from him again, but I thank Upwork for standing behind their hourly payment guarantee.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members