cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract On Hold

h_parashar
Hemant P Member Since: May 6, 2021
1 of 40

I am new to Upwork. Just two hours after I got offered this contract it's being put on hold.
I wanted to knw whether client has paused the contract or it's because clients account is suspended. I can see suspended written in contract page. Not sure if that means suspended client or suspended contract.

Thanks and Regards

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 40

Hemant P wrote:
I am new to Upwork. Just two hours after I got offered this contract it's being put on hold.
I wanted to knw whether client has paused the contract or it's because clients account is suspended. .

If the client paused it, it would say Paused, not Suspended. Upwork suspended it. When it happens Friday morning UTC it is usually because the client didn't pay Upwork for last week's hours. It'll be resolved as soon as the client pays up.

Hemant P wrote:
Not sure if that means suspended client or suspended contract.

Both, until the issue is resolved.

h_parashar
3 of 40

Thank You for the reply. Although its showing same status since Wednesday.

petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 40

Hemant P wrote:
Thank You for the reply. Although its showing same status since Wednesday.

That means that the client hasn't resolved the issue, whatever it is.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5 of 40

Hi Hemant,

I checked the contract you're referring to and it looks like the team has already reached out to your client regarding this issue. The team will continue to assist your client directly to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please do not continue working on the contract. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
h_parashar
6 of 40
Hi Joanne,

Thank you for letting me know this. Hope it resolves soon.

Thank you Petra for your responses too. This community is very helpful.
belloroberto
Roberto B Member Since: Nov 5, 2017
7 of 40

Hello guys, This week I worked with a client. I have worked for about 30 hours, but now the system says that the contract is suspended.

I talked to one of his employees and she said that she is aware of the problem, but now the person that hired me said something completely different, and I think is a fraud.

It is an hourly contract and is a verified client, I used the time tracker according to upwork rules, so basically, I want to know if I'll be paid for my job. 

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
8 of 40

Hi Roberto,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
nurulislam35
Nurul I Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
9 of 40

Hi 

I got a message that your Contracts on hold, what should I do?
What is the reason behind it?

The client sent me a message to deliver the project and the client working to sort out the issue with Upwork.

If a contract that's on-hold will affect my job success score or any negative impact.?

Thanks 

Nurul

petra_r
Community Guru
10 of 40

Nurul I wrote:

I got a message that your Contracts on hold, what should I do?

Wait until the client fixes it.

Nurul I wrote:

What is the reason behind it?l

There is an issue with the client's account or payment method. The client needs to resolve that issue with Upwork. Upwork will not discuss your client's account with anyone else, including yourself.

Nurul I wrote:

If a contract that's on-hold will affect my job success score or any negative impact.?

No.

Is it an hourly contract or fixed rate?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS