🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract Open For More Than One Month Ago...
Page options
aziz-m_shahzad
Community Member

Contract Open For More Than One Month Ago, Should I Close It? Client Is Not Responding...!

Greetings,

I need to know that will it affect my JSS if I close the job by myself? 
My client gave me the work one month ago, I submitted his work and he released my payment. But now its more than one month ago and I messaged him many time that if you have more work than you could give me the contract... blah...blah...blah. But he is not responding...!

Now I left a final message to him after one month that if you didn't respond to my message within 1 day I'll close the job by my self. Still, he didn't respond...! ( Upwork should have a system that shows that the client read our message like as WhatsApp and Facebook | My suggestion to upwork... it helps us alot )

My question is that if I close the job will it affect my JSS?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have read in upwork community posts to ask for any other work if the client has not closed the job. If he replies that he hasn't any work then you should ask him to close the job. As many clients are new to upwork so they don't no that it is necessary to close the job after the completion of work successfully.

Thanks for guidance:)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad Shahzad A wrote:

Greetings,

I need to know that will it affect my JSS if I close the job by myself? 
My client gave me the work one month ago, I submitted his work and he released my payment. But now its more than one month ago and I messaged him many time that if you have more work than you could give me the contract... blah...blah...blah. But he is not responding...!

Now I left a final message to him after one month that if you didn't respond to my message within 1 day I'll close the job by my self. Still, he didn't respond...! ( Upwork should have a system that shows that the client read our message like as WhatsApp and Facebook | My suggestion to upwork... it helps us alot )

My question is that if I close the job will it affect my JSS?

No, it will not. Please stop begging clients for jobs, it's not professional. 

I have read in upwork community posts to ask for any other work if the client has not closed the job. If he replies that he hasn't any work then you should ask him to close the job. As many clients are new to upwork so they don't no that it is necessary to close the job after the completion of work successfully.

Thanks for guidance:)

Hi,
Yes that's true new clients may not know it is necessary to close the job. But it will be good if you close job yourself because the contracts which are not actively running (in which you are not getting paid) effects your job success ratio as yoi can see my job success ratio is 68% and I talked to upwork support they told me my inactive jobs were also responsible for my low JSS apart from my 1 low review that client gave me.

Next its upto you, you can talk to customer support to clarify same.

Nousheen A wrote:
 contracts which are not actively running (in which you are not getting paid) effects your job success ratio as yoi can see my job success ratio is 68% and I talked to upwork support they told me my inactive jobs were also responsible for my low JSS apart from my 1 low review that client gave me.

Untrue. Provided money was paid under a contract and you don't have an insane percentage of such contracts, they have absolutely no effect on your JSS in any way at all.

My solution was completely based on what upwork customer support gave me.. not something I wrote on my knowledge.

For better understanding of JSS pls check here - https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006097327-Job-Success-Score-Changed#idle
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Upwork should have a system that shows that the client read our message like as WhatsApp and Facebook"

Upwork is not a social chit-chat site or stalker site. It is for professional work.

If a client wants to reply to our message, she will reply.

Until then, there is no reply.

Nothing more is needed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths