Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Paused for 3 Months

dcrabill
Dave C Member Since: Apr 2, 2012
1 of 3

Hello,

I have a client that decided to put our contract on pause about 3 months ago. While the contract was active, I logged many hours and the client was happy with my work. I have been in contact with her several times since the contract was paused, and she still has not been in need of me continuing the work.

I am concerned that this paused contract is negatively affecting my job success score. Would it be better from a job success score perspective to a) tell the client that I'd like to close out the contract and that she may easily rehire me or b) ask her to unpause the contract this week so that I may log 10 minutes of time as a retainer? I would not have thought of idea B, but I saw that suggested elsewhere on a post in this forum.

Please advise, thanks.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
2 of 3

Dave. Why don't you give the client those 2 options and let her decide what to do? Present those 2 options professionally and see what happens.

dcrabill
Dave C Member Since: Apr 2, 2012
3 of 3

Thanks Kathy. Yes that makes sense. I was wondering if one option would be better for my job success score than the other?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS