🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract Placed On Hold
Page options
aabramowitz
Community Member

Contract Placed On Hold

Hello everyone, 

I have a question in regard to the contract that was placed on hold. This morning I have received information that one of the client's contracts was placed on hold because of something about his account. 

Being aware of how to proceed for similar cases, I didn't really think much about it. I messaged the client, told about the issue, and that I would not be sending any final files until this matter was resolved.

My question is: I'm not sure how but the client was able to release the only milestone for the project (I haven't asked for it) and now wants to continue the work as normal. I'm not sure how I should proceed since Upwork does say on the email "Please hold off on working on this contract through Upwork until we give you the all clear." 

Thank you for the help, 
Andre

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andre,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andre,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

Thank you for your reply, as soon as it happened, I messaged the client saying I'm aware the contract is on hold and I wouldn't be sending any final files until the issue is resolved. He told his account was on hold and he was communicating with Upwork. 

He released the milestone without me asking and now is asking about updates on the project, I'm not sure how to proceed because I believe he would feel "entitled" to demand work since the milestone was paid and I'm afraid if I say "I can't continue until this is resolved" he would give me bad feedback and affect my overall score. Any suggestions? 

Thank you again!
Andre

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths