🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Suspended - Should I Be Worried?
Page options
cillianmma
Community Member

Contract Suspended - Should I Be Worried?

Hello,

I was working for a client on an hourly contract (that I tracked hours manually on). The contract started on Monday the 13th.

All seemed to be progressing well - they were happy with my work but this week, I have not heard anything from them and I know that the first's week billing was meant to happen today.

I just received an email saying the contract is 'on hold'.

Could you shed any light on what may be happening? Is this a usual problem with clients or is there a good chance I've been scammed out of two week's work?

Thanks ahead of time,

Cillian

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Cillian C wrote:

Could you shed any light on what may be happening? Is this a usual problem with clients or is there a good chance I've been scammed out of two week's work?

The client did not pay on Monday for last week's hours, so the contract was put on hold.

Unless the client pays up, you won't get paid because manual time is not protected.

Cillian C wrote:

All seemed to be progressing well - they were happy with my work but this week, I have not heard anything from them and I know that the first's week billing was meant to happen today.

No, it was billed on Monday. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Cillian C wrote:

The client did not pay on Monday for last week's hours, so the contract was put on hold.

Unless the client pays up, you won't get paid because manual time is not protected.

Cillian C wrote:

No, it was billed on Monday. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members