🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Suspended and Amount Refunded
Page options
sirajahmad5
Community Member

Contract Suspended and Amount Refunded

Hi,

I was offered a contract 2 weeks ago and I started working on the tasks assigned to me. I was supposed to receive the payment on 29th October, but instead, I received a notification from Upwork stating that the contract is on hold/suspended and I was directed not to work until the issue is solved.

At first, I thought there might be some issue on the Client's end, something related to the payment method, but today I received another notification saying that the amount has been refunded to the Client by Upwork without any request from the Client or any prior information.

I've been trying to get in touch with the client, but he has been inactive since 21st October and has not replied to any of my messages.

Can you please look into it if there was a mistake?

Also, is this going to impact my JSS?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Siraj,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your client. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. 
I would also suggest to stop working on your contract until the hold is removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Siraj,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with your client. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. 
I would also suggest to stop working on your contract until the hold is removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have already stopped working on this contract ever since I received the first notification from Upwork.

I wanted to know how this is going to impact my JSS moving ahead. I have been working hard to get to 100% JSS again.

Thank you.

Hi Siraj,

When a contract is closed both parties have the chance to provide feedback for each other. The feedback you will receive will be included in your JSS calculation. To learn more about JSS, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, the contract is still open, and it is in the Suspended state as of now.

Hello,

I just experienced the same issue, and I do not understand what is happening.

Please advice.

Hi Maxwell, 

I checked your account, and I'd like to confirm that someone from our team reached out to you already regarding your account. You can check the ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
dojie-singson
Community Member

Hi,
Upwork, notify me that I have sent a refund to my client and I didn't do it. please help me 🙂

Hi Dojie,

I'm sorry to learn about this unexpected refund on your account. I can see that the team has reached out to you with more information about the issue via email. They've also provided further instructions on how to proceed. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team by responding to the email and they will surely assist you accordingly. You may also access the support ticket linked to your case here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members