🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract Suspended
Page options
elanjyoung
Community Member

Contract Suspended

Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'm trying to sort out why my contract with a client has been suspended and when/if it will be lifted. The client is asking me to do additional work, and I just have to keep putting them off because of this. I don't know if there's something on my end or theirs. Then today they said that everything was squared away, which made me think it was cleared up on their end, but my contract is still showing suspended. It's really confusing not be able to know what's exactly going on, and I'm desperately trying to figure out how to correct it to no avail. 

Elan

91 REPLIES 91
tgstudio
Community Member

Do not do any further work until they resolve the situation with Upwork. More than likely it is a payment issue.

If they press tell them that Upwork had informed you not to work any further with them until they clear the matter up.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Elan,

I checked the client I believe you are referring to and it looks like their account was resumed earlier today. The contract should be resumed as well so you can continue working.

~ Valeria
Upwork

My client's contract is showing suspended but i have completed work and submitted on deadline. WillI get my payment since payment is being shown in escrow ?

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hello, I just saw that one of my contracts is suspended because the client is facing issues with his Upwork account. I don't know what's wrong but I have completed around 60% of the work and payment is in escrow. Will I get the payment? or what to do now?

Hi Aamnah,

It's recommended that you stop working on the contract immediately and get in touch with your client to see when you can resume working, once they've resolved the issue with their account. I'd like to reiterate any work completed up until the contract was paused is covered by Payment Protection

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, 

I have a suspended contract due to an issue with my client's account. I have completed and submitted the whole task before deadline and the client was reluctant to review it until his account got suspended somehow. The same client is proposing new contracts despite the fact that his first task was not paid for yet. I have informed him multiple times that his account was suspended and he couldn't even pay for the first contract. How come he's asking for more contracts if the account is suspended?

I really need some elaboration on this situation.

yes same with me

My client's contract is also showing suspended and I have completed word for this week.  I need to load those hours but I am unable to do so. Will I get my payment for the week?

Hi Leigh-Ann,

I am sorry to hear about your contract. You will be unable to add hours to a suspended contract. I suggest you reach out to your client to discuss this further and request them to resolve the issue with their account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

I got ana hourly contract hich got suspended this morning and then clien ended the contract, my question is, will I get paid for the hours I did or not? please help me 🙂

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ayman,

I checked your contracts and see the contract in question was closed and isn't suspended. I see you're already communicating with your client and our team will follow up with you directly to advise on your contract and payment status, since we can't share contract-specific details in the Community.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

My contract with the client has been suspended for about a week. The client has given the required documents to Upwork, but a week is a long time to review it, and please check it out soon and let us know.

Sincerely

Hi Iraj,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand. Please let your client know to reach out to us and we will assist them further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexandra,

Sure, I understand it and I admire this behavior. But the client himself has followed up and has not yet received a response. For this reason, I have sent a separate message to speed up the process.

Sincerely,

Iraj

Hi Aleksandar,

My client currently has a contract that shows suspended on my part but is currently active on their part. My question is, why the discrepancy and why aren't they aware of the issue. This is quite bothersome. I can't log in hours.

Hi David,

Could you please provide the contract number so we can check? Did they also show you a screenshot or proof that it shows active on their end?

~ AJ
Upwork

Here is the contract number; 36024838

Please kindly assist

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 1.30.24 PM (2).png

Hi David,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

Good day, can you also look at this, i got same problem and the client is not reponding for 4 days now ignoring my message to him.

Rgds

Gabby

petra_r
Community Member

Gabby S wrote:

Good day, can you also look at this, i got same problem and the client is not reponding for 4 days now ignoring my message to him.

It means your  client's account is suspended, almost certainly because of a payment issue. (If it was suspended on Friday morning UTC, the client didn't pay for the previous week's hours last week)

Nothing you can do, and you shouldn't work on the contract until the matter has been resolved.

Your payment is protected **IF** you tracked your time with the tracker, had meaningful work memos and good activity levels. In that case, even if the client hasn't paid or doesn't pay for last week's hours today, Upwork pay you out of their on pocket.

gabbysew
Community Member

Hello Petra

Good day, Yes you are exactly right, that is what exactly happening to me. He payed zero since i started working with him dated april 20. Thanks for the prompt response.

Rgds

gabby

Hi Gabby,

I've requested the assistance of our team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist your client directly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Contract Suspended
I also have the same problem, my contract with my client has been suspended even though I've already finished half the work. Can I have a deadline to find out when the contract can be resumed?

Hi Razatovo,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and I see that the contract is already restored now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.  

- Pradeep

Upwork
bukyyy
Community Member

I also have a client who's payment method became unverified. He added a new payment method but our contract is still paused. Can this be looked into?

Hi Bukola,

It looks like there are still issues with your client's payment method. They need to resolve them in order for the contract to be resumed. Please, don't work on the contract while it's suspended.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi my contract was suspended a minute ago. I’m currently working on the project. May I know the reason why? Thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**

re: "my contract was suspended a minute ago. I’m currently working on the project. May I know the reason why?"

Michelle Ann:

Upwork is not going to tell you why the contract was suspended.

But I can tell you that usually if a contract is suspended, it is just due to a minor issue with a client's credit card. Perhaps the client has been using a credit card with Upwork for a few years, and now the card's expiration date has arrived, and the client needs to update the expiration date within the system.

This is not your fault, and not your problem.

The client has been notified already.

What you need to do is stop working on the contract until you receive notice that the suspension has been lifted.

Sometimes that takes a few minutes. Sometimes a few days. Sometimes a contract is never resumed.

Hi my contract was suspended by Upwork.. I am currently working with the client. What are the possible reasons why my contract was suspended? 

Hi Joylyn,

Unfortunately I can't share details with you for another user. Rest assured, our team is working with your client to resolve their problem as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Michelle Ann,

I'm sorry to hear about the status of your contracts. While we can't share details about the client's account for privacy reasons, please ask your client to communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contracts. Make sure to stop working on these contracts and continue only after you can see that the contracts have been resumed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
bukyyy
Community Member

My client has updated his payment method but isn't able to start the contract. Please can one of the mods look into this. Thank you.

Bukola,

Your client's account has been resumed. The contract should be active as well now,

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

Also have a client with unverified payment method.
I received info that the contract has been temporarily suspended. So I informed my client about the issue as well.
Could you please let me know how long does it take to resolve this matter?

Thanks,
Ljiljana

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ljiljana,

The time needed to resolve an issue depends on your client's cooperation with our team. Please make sure to ask your client for an explanation and don't resume working on your suspended contract. Going forward, make sure you ask the client to verify their payment method before accepting their offer and working on their contract, in order to qualify for Upwork Payment Protection.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
liki69
Community Member

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply,

Far as I know, my client has contacted the Upwork administration via email, he wants to get this issue resolved ASAP...

Thanks,
Ljiljana

Ljiljana,

The team has replied to your client and provided more information about the issue and further instructions. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello can you help me not know why I have the same problem?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths