🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Suspended
Page options
nshama
Community Member

Contract Suspended

Hi, 

Today, i got a notification that my contract is suspended and upwork team is reviewing it so please hold it for timebeing. I do no know what could be the reason for it. Although my client just approved the milestone.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shama,

Just to confirm that communicating outside of Upwork is not a violation of our TOS.

Your contract was put on hold due to a problem on your client's end. Our team is working with your client to resolve this as soon as possible. Once it's resolved the hold will be lifted and you will be able to continue working. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I do no know what could be the reason for it."

What is your best guess?

Hi,

He asked me for my gmail id, as he was saying that he will sned me files there. I told him, may be he was using his mobile for upwork so he asked me to send files on his email. I think this could be the reason.

What do you think? 

Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shama,

Just to confirm that communicating outside of Upwork is not a violation of our TOS.

Your contract was put on hold due to a problem on your client's end. Our team is working with your client to resolve this as soon as possible. Once it's resolved the hold will be lifted and you will be able to continue working. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. One thing more, will it effect my JSS? 

my last contract was suspended then got ended by client, and now client is claiming that he fixed the matter with upwork, is that true, and I will get paid for my hours I did in that suspended contract ???

Hi Ayman,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

If the matter is solved and you can see the logged hours in your job , Then you will be paid after cotact is enabled. Client is right about this. 

Preston H wrote:

re: "I do no know what could be the reason for it."

What is your best guess?

Why in the world would you ask her to "guess" what caused her CLIENT'S account (!) to have been (likely temporarily) suspended?

How could she possibly know (or guess?)

Shama N wrote:

Thank you. One thing more, will it effect my JSS? 

Shama, it is something on your client's side, and it's your client who will have to fix it from their end. It is usually something very simple like a failed payment or a verification issue. Just wait to see what happens next. There is nothing you can do, asnd it isn't your fault.

No, it does not affect your JSS.

nshama
Community Member

Hi, I have done some work for the client and now I see the notification that his account is suspended. The assignment is completed almost and he has also added the funds in escrow. How will I get the payment now? 

jaybopp82
Community Member

Your profile says "Available 24/7".

Please tell me as I need to know - what is the secret to not sleeping???

nshama
Community Member

My Profile says more than 30 hrs in a week and i try fully to remain online for the help of my clients. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths