cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Suspended

Elan Y Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
1 of 35

Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but I'm trying to sort out why my contract with a client has been suspended and when/if it will be lifted. The client is asking me to do additional work, and I just have to keep putting them off because of this. I don't know if there's something on my end or theirs. Then today they said that everything was squared away, which made me think it was cleared up on their end, but my contract is still showing suspended. It's really confusing not be able to know what's exactly going on, and I'm desperately trying to figure out how to correct it to no avail. 

Elan

Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
2 of 35

Do not do any further work until they resolve the situation with Upwork. More than likely it is a payment issue.

If they press tell them that Upwork had informed you not to work any further with them until they clear the matter up.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 35

Hi Elan,

I checked the client I believe you are referring to and it looks like their account was resumed earlier today. The contract should be resumed as well so you can continue working.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
4 of 35
I also have a client who's payment method became unverified. He added a new payment method but our contract is still paused. Can this be looked into?
5 of 35

Hi Bukola,

It looks like there are still issues with your client's payment method. They need to resolve them in order for the contract to be resumed. Please, don't work on the contract while it's suspended.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Bukola O Member Since: Dec 23, 2016
6 of 35
My client has updated his payment method but isn't able to start the contract. Please can one of the mods look into this. Thank you.
7 of 35

Bukola,

Your client's account has been resumed. The contract should be active as well now,

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ljiljana Lilly M Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
8 of 35

Hello Valeria,

Also have a client with unverified payment method.
I received info that the contract has been temporarily suspended. So I informed my client about the issue as well.
Could you please let me know how long does it take to resolve this matter?

Thanks,
Ljiljana

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 35

Hi Ljiljana,

The time needed to resolve an issue depends on your client's cooperation with our team. Please make sure to ask your client for an explanation and don't resume working on your suspended contract. Going forward, make sure you ask the client to verify their payment method before accepting their offer and working on their contract, in order to qualify for Upwork Payment Protection.

Ljiljana Lilly M Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
10 of 35

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply,

Far as I know, my client has contacted the Upwork administration via email, he wants to get this issue resolved ASAP...

Thanks,
Ljiljana

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS