cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Suspended

Charles Kerzey D Member Since: Jul 25, 2012
21 of 35

Hello!

Currently my contract is on pause (suspended) but according to my client he fixed it 2 days ago and I updated him earlier that the contract is still paused and he said that it shouldn't be as he updated his payment method. He said that we will contact support later. Can someone check please?

thank you!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
22 of 35

Hi Charles Kerzey, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team. If it's necessary, they will follow up directly with your client.

-Avery
Untitled
Sinisa B Member Since: Oct 13, 2016
23 of 35
I have experienced this issue today.
Few hours ago I received notification that the contract with my long term client has been suspended.
I notified client right away, he then updated his credit card.
The Suspended notification is still present.
Is there anything else that needs to be done to solve this one?
Thanks.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 35

Hi Sinisa,

I'm sorry to hear that about your contract. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Pedro G Member Since: Dec 4, 2018
25 of 35

Hello, I am a client and my hired freelancer told me that the contract is suspended. I am a new user, but I already filled everything, and in my account it doesn't appear that the contract is suspended. The payment method was accepted and I already made the deposit. Can you please check what's wrong? Contract ID: 21194817

26 of 35

Hi Pedro,

I'm sorry to hear about your account status. Please check the last notification on your account which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account. You should be able to access the notification with this link. Let us know if you need any more assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Hafiz Mateen A Member Since: Jul 5, 2017
27 of 35

My contract is suspended to. Any one tell me that how much time required to turn it on.

28 of 35

Hi Hafiz Mateen,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Tanya G Member Since: Jul 12, 2018
29 of 35

Hello, I also have a client for whom I have completed the work and requested payment, and then the contract is marked as suspended. I am worried I may not get paid. What is happening? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
30 of 35

Tanya G wrote:

Hello, I also have a client for whom I have completed the work and requested payment, and then the contract is marked as suspended. I am worried I may not get paid. What is happening? 

It is always an issue on the client's side. Usually (but not always) an issue with either the client's payment method.

There is nothing you can do and Upwork will not tell you why the client's account is suspended, the client needs to fix this.

Usually it just means a payment didn't through or needs further verification, and usually it won't affect the money in Escrow for your payment.

The only time it might is in case of suspected fraudulent use of a payment method (stolen or hacked) or similar.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS