cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Suspended

Lucilla S Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
31 of 35

My contract with one of my clients was suspended yesterday. Since I've worked with this client for many hours I am worried I won't receive my weekly payment. Is this possible?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
32 of 35

Lucilla S wrote:

My contract with one of my clients was suspended yesterday. Since I've worked with this client for many hours I am worried I won't receive my weekly payment. Is this possible?

Was your time logged properly with the tracker, and with meaningful work memos, and with adequate activity levels?

Lucilla S Member Since: Dec 5, 2018
33 of 35

Sure, I've done what I usually do with all my clients and no ose has never complained.

Anyway,  the contract is on hold, not suspended. Sorry, my mistake.

this is more or less the email I've received from upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
34 of 35

Lucilla S wrote:

Sure, I've done what I usually do with all my clients and no ose has never complained.

Anyway,  the contract is on hold, not suspended.

Suspended / on hold = same thing

It does not matter if anyone has complained. If your client failed to payUpwork for your hours, then Upwork will only step in and pay you out of their own pocket if the hours qualify for protection. Otherwise they won't.

Famurewa A Member Since: Jul 3, 2019
35 of 35
Hello, I completed and submitted work for my client and just few hours ago, I got a mail and a notification that the contract has been suspended. Am worried because of my payment and more so, my client has not come online since about a week making it impossible to chat him. I submitted the work since last Wednesday and I need to know if I will get paid. Thanks
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS