🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Suspended
Page options
abranen
Community Member

Contract Suspended

Hello,

My contract with a client has been suspended because he's having an issue with his credit card. He told me his card had been compromised and he'd received a new one, and added it to his UpWork account. The contract was restored a day or two later...and then suspended again shortly after that.

I had a video chat with him and he said he's not sure what the problem is. I want to trust that it's some sort of a mix-up, especially since I've completed 90% of the work (though I haven't delivered it to him yet) and haven't been paid a dime. I bill my time manually so UpWork can't/won't help make sure I get paid.

Has anyone run into a similar situation? I'd love some advice on what to do next.

Thanks,

Allison

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

Tell him to get his**Edited for community guidelines**together and he knows where to find you when he does.

JoanneP

Hi Allison,

I've escalated this to our team, and one of our agents will assist your client directly to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please do not continue working on the contract. You will be notified once the contract is reinstated. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members