🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Suspension
Page options
snausher
Community Member

Contract Suspension

Hello Upwork
Recently I have a contract (hourly) , I worked on it for 3 weeks, I got the first week payment but now the contract got suspended. The work is complete and I delivered it too, Now the client is also not responding. What is the solution how can I get paid now ? 

Note: contract got suspended on the first week too but the issue got resolved with in an hour. this time when the work is delivered it still is suspended. Is it a scam by the client ? if it is,  how my hourly contract is protected by upwork ?

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Salman,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contracts with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
snausher
Community Member

Hi Nikola 
Thanks for your assistance. I wanted to ask that What if the client never resolve this issue, then what about my payments. Will they just vanish or upwork will protect them , under hourly protection contract ? 

Hi Salman,

The agent that reached out to you shared additional details regarding your concern with this contract via your support ticket. Please consider checking it and if you have additional questions, we'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Salman N wrote:

Hi Nikola 
Thanks for your assistance. I wanted to ask that What if the client never resolve this issue, then what about my payments. Will they just vanish or upwork will protect them , under hourly protection contract ? 

If you followed payment protection rules, you'll get paid.

Salman N wrote:

Hi Nikola 

Since you cannot log hours on a suspended contracts, there is no such thing as payment protection.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths