🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Was closed by Client due to missunde...
Page options
r_signal
Community Member

Contract Was closed by Client due to missunderstanding

Hello
One of my clients closed the contracts due to mis understanding and gave a bad review due to which my JSS, Top rated banner and rising talent baner for Agency got removed. 

Within 2 days we cleared out the issues with the client and he changed his feedback and gave 5 star rating.

But till now there was no impact on my JSS as well as on op rated banner, on the contrary when he gave bad rating, it was removed with in a day or two.

Kindly Help me in getting my JSS and Top rated banner for free lancer profile and Rising talent banner for agency back ASAP!

13 REPLIES 13
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shahid,

I`m sorry to hear about the inconvenience this had caused you. Just to clarify, that JSS is updated every second week on Sunday and not every day.

Regarding the Rising Talent badge on your agency. Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation and the badge will be awarded on your agency profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But due to this my JSS dropped from 93 to 89 but I am still 16/16 weeks qualified for Top rated and Rising talent. If JSS does not get updated for 2 weeks will I not be able to get them for 2 weeks? that's savage 😞 need help!

Hi Shahid,

There are many factors that go into your JSS calculation including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, pattern of contracts without feedback, etc. To learn more details about your Job success score and why it has changed check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:

But due to this my JSS dropped from 93 to 89 but I am still 16/16 weeks qualified for Top rated and Rising talent. If JSS does not get updated for 2 weeks will I not be able to get them for 2 weeks? that's savage 😞 need help!

If I were you I would use the top rated feedback removal perk right now. (if you haven't used it in 3 months and 10 contracts.)

I have little confidence that changing public feeback will have any impact on the JSS and the private feedback, which primarily, if not totally drives the JSS, can't be changed, as Will already said.

It is POSSIBLE that the changed public feedback may have a positive effect, but if it doesn't, you're potentially out of top rated for months while the non-eligible weeks work their way through the 16 week window-

You can only use the perk up to 14 days after the event. The sooner you use it, the less non-eligible weeks you'll lose.

You want to use the option to only exclude the contract from the JSS calculation, not to also remove the visible feedback.

But, Petra, if the negative feedback from that client was already included in the calculation of a closed two-week JSS calculation period then removing that feedback will have no impact on the existing JSS calculation of 89 for that period. That 89 is a permanent and unchangeable element of the 14 of 16 calculation.

Rather than likely wasting the feedback removal perk while the 14 of 16 weeks count is still keeping the freelancer Top Rated, isn't it better to keep the feedback removal unused and available to remove a future rating that can be changed by using the perk before the JSS is calculated for that period?

That is, assuming the freelancer isn't also concerned with removing the feedback from his or her feedback visible to potential new clients. And if the public feedback is now positive, potential future clients won't be put off by it anyway.

Will L wrote:

But, Petra, if the negative feedback from that client was already included in the calculation of a closed two-week JSS calculation period then removing that feedback will have no impact on the existing JSS calculation of 89 for that period. That 89 is a permanent and unchangeable element of the 14 of 16 calculation.

I'm just afraid that the private feedback keeps his JSS below 90% - he will stay non-top rated and add another 2 non eligible weeks. It then takes a minimum of 13 weeks before the first of the 4 non-eligible weeks fall out of the window. My friend had a client change public feedback. It had absolutely no effect on her JSS at all. Zilch.

I am afraid we'll get to the next update, he's still 89%.

I specifically said to not use the "remove visible feedback" option.

Obviously the other option is to get some super feedback in the next 10 days, in which case that could/should do it, get him above 90% and only lose 2 non-eligible weeks.

I see, Petra.

That makes sense.

r_signal
Community Member

But why a client can't change his private feedback. He had a misunderstanding and in that rage he gave a bad feedback as well as I assume a poor private feedback. Now as we had meeting with him he understood the things and changed his public feedback but why ca;'t he change private feedback ? A client can do anything despite how good a free lancer is and Upwork is not even suopport the good work here for us? I am clueless what to do?! can i still use my top rated perk of removing feedback? My badge has been removed now!

petra_r
Community Member

Shahid H wrote:

! can i still use my top rated perk of removing feedback? My badge has been removed now!

Yes, you can. for up to 14 days.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Shahid H.,

It is my experience that once a bi-weekly period's JSS has been calculated it will not be re-calculated even if any of the client feedback for the period is removed. I assume this is also true if a client changed their feedback after the calculation period.

So, if your JSS dropped to 89 for a bi-weekly calculation period that will drop your 16 of 16 to 14 of 16, regardless whether different feedback for the period would have resulted in a higher JSS calculation.

Also, we have been told many times on this message board that private feedback is significantly more important in the JSS calculation than public feedback.And a client can only change their public feedback; private feedback is permanent and unchangeable.

Will - I am confused. I thought one could use the Top Rated perk to delete a client's private feedback from JSS. Is that not true?

Yes, Joan, that is why using the Top Rated perk would likely improve the value of the JSS the next time it is calculated.

Joan S wrote:

Will - I am confused. I thought one could use the Top Rated perk to delete a client's private feedback from JSS. Is that not true?

That is the whole purpose of the perk. It removes the impact of the contract from the JSS completely. It does not "delete" the private feedback as such (that still remains in the backend), but renders it totally harmless.

I don't think Will indicated otherwise at any point. He and I just took different approaches to the OPs issue, both valid and with pros and cons.

You can, additionally, request to have public feedback removed and replaced by "This feedback has been removed!"

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths