🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Without Active Milestone
Page options
biswas-jotti
Community Member

Contract Without Active Milestone

Hello Upworkers,

I was hired for a fixed price job about 25 days ago. The client paid 1/2 of the total amount for some tasks. He said within 10 days he will let me know rest of the tasks and create a milestone of other 1/2 amount. I have contact with him after 10 days but he didn't clearly told me when he will let me know the rest of the tasks and didn't create any milestone. I have send him message once again but he didn't response this time.

My questions is:

Does active contract without active milestone affect JS ?

For how many days upwork allow active contract without active milestone ?

What should I do now ?

Thanks,

Jottirmoy

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Jottirmoy B wrote:

My questions is:

Does active contract without active milestone affect JS ?

No.

Not when money has been paid.

Hi Petra,

But I am concern about that money has been partially paid not fully paid. In some discussions I came to know that Upwork allow upto 60 days for any active contract without active milestone, after that JS can be reduced ?

Jottirmoy B wrote:

But I am concern about that money has been partially paid not fully paid. In some discussions I came to know that Upwork allow upto 60 days for any active contract without active milestone, after that JS can be reduced ?

That is nonsense.

As long as something has been paid at some point, JSS is not affected. The JSS algorithm pays no attention of how much was agreed for a contract and there is no problem when open contracts go idle (as long as some money was paid and you don't have an insanely high percentage of such contracts)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members