🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract & Deadline
Page options
ogorbach7
Community Member

Contract & Deadline

I received the contract on the 13th, there was a deadline for the 14th, I missed it. I did the work and sent it to the client on the 16th, the contract itself was valid until the 20th. The client does not respond and the contract is not completed. What should I do? How to act?

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Oleksandr G wrote:

I received the contract on the 13th, there was a deadline for the 14th, I missed it. I did the work and sent it to the client on the 16th, the contract itself was valid until the 20th. The client does not respond and the contract is not completed. What should I do? How to act?

You completed the task, I assume? Fixed price? Submit button clicked?

Then do nothing and wait to get paid. 

Don't ask the client to end the contract. Missing a deadline by 2 days is a huge thing. Never do that again. You are guaranteed bad feedback. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Regarding the deadline:

Upwork doesn't do anything with that.

The deadline is meaningless to the Upwork software.

There is no button to push to extend a deadline or register a late submission differently.

A deadline only has significance to a client.

A client may decide to express disappointment in a missed deadline when he leaves feedback. Or he may not. A client may care about the deadline. Or he may not care.

A client is NOT obligated to respond when you submit your work.

If you submitted your work already, then do nothing else now.

Don't send a message to the client.

Of the client does nothing then all of the money will be released to you automatically. After that, you can go ahead and close the contract yourself.

And if you have already submitted your work to the client using the project's submit button, do not re-submit it hoping that will make the client pay in less than the maximum 14 days before automatic payment is done by Upwork.

Re-submitting the same work only re-starts the 14-day clock.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members