🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract canceled due to innactivity
Page options
themistoklis-s
Community Member

Contract canceled due to innactivity

Hello Upwork Community,

I am faced with a new challenge for one of my contracts and I was hoping that someone in the community might have had the same issue and can provide some useful info. So here's what happend.

I've been working with an old client on a new contract (Fixed Price) for 3 months now. Upwork seems to auto-close any contract that hasn't seen action for more than 76 days and sends a refund request in behalf of the client. (By action they mean some kind of payment like a milestone)

Both me and the client failed to notice the notification about this so the contract is set to completed and there is only a private feedback option. Upwork suggested that the client should pay through the bonus system and then afterwards I can go ahead and accept the refund. By doing so, the contract will be displayed at my profile and both me and the client will be able to leave a private and a public feedback.

On top of that, the contract will also affect my JSS positively (providing that the client will leave a good review)

So here is my questions:

1. Had anyone encounter the same problem and have a better solution?

2. Has someone followed this method before and can say with certainty that it worked?

3. Will the contract be displayed on my profile with the bonus payment as the price?

Hopefully someone in the community has some good info regarding the matter and will be willing to share that here.

Ps,

This is my biggest contract on upwork at the moment so it's really important to me

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Themistoklis S wrote:

Upwork seems to auto-close any contract that hasn't seen action for more than 76 days

It's 90 days- Don't have milestones so big that they can't be done in 3 months! Upwork sends reminders at 76 days (two weeks before closing the contract.

Themistoklis S wrote:

2. Has someone followed this method before and can say with certainty that it worked?

3. Will the contract be displayed on my profile with the bonus payment as the price?

1. That is the only solution

2. It works with certainty

3. Yes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Themistoklis S wrote:

Upwork seems to auto-close any contract that hasn't seen action for more than 76 days

It's 90 days- Don't have milestones so big that they can't be done in 3 months! Upwork sends reminders at 76 days (two weeks before closing the contract.

Themistoklis S wrote:

1. That is the only solution

2. It works with certainty

3. Yes

Hi Petra,

Thank you for your response, within one hour I got the answer to everything I needed, what an amazing response time from the community.

Thanks Again!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths