🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract cancellation before submission of wo...
Page options
becca365
Community Member

Contract cancellation before submission of work

I’m a top rated freelancer with a new client who keeps asking for more on an outline set up before the actual work begins. Everything I have provided was through messages so technically there has been nothing submitted on the contract yet. Communication is poor and I’d like to end the contract. If there is nothing submitted, can I end the contract with no JSS impact and no possibility of feedback?
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Deborah C wrote:
If there is nothing submitted, can I end the contract with no JSS impact and no possibility of feedback?

If you end the contract without anything paid, there will be no public feedback.

The client may or may not leave private feedback, and that private feedback will determine the impact on your JSS. If the private feedback is good, or there is none at all, your JSS will not be impacted. If the private feedback is poor, that will impact your JS negatively.

becca365
Community Member

It negatively impacts my JSS score even if I haven't submitted any work to the client?

petra_r
Community Member

Deborah C wrote:

It negatively impacts my JSS score even if I haven't submitted any work to the client?

If the client leaves poor private feedback, yes. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I’m a top rated freelancer with a new client who keeps asking for more on an outline set up before the actual work begins. Everything I have provided was through messages so technically there has been nothing submitted on the contract yet. Communication is poor and I’d like to end the contract. If there is nothing submitted, can I end the contract with no JSS impact and no possibility of feedback?"

This client made a big mistake.

You would have been a valuable member of the team for the client's project.

By playing games instead of paying you immediately for your contributions - including outlines - the client is probably going to lose access to your services.

I believe that the value you would have provided to the client's project would have far exceeded the small amount of additional money the client would have paid had he hired you already and paid you for very early planning and outlining.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths