🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract close due inactivity
Page options
diaz-mariano
Community Member

Contract close due inactivity

Hi upwork community!
I had a client that I work more than a month ago with a very small project,I finish the video that he request and after a few more messages we finish the video has he told me the video was approved by Facebook.
I request payment that he never released until the 14 days of no response.
Can he leave me a review after that?
He now appear after like a month saying that the video has not been approved and he wants me to do another edit for the same budget as before.
I don’t think it’s fair but I really don’t want to have a bad feedback/review in my profile.
Can they still give me feedback in my profile or as they didn’t reply in 14 days regards payment they are not allowed to?
What is the best situation to continue this?
I asked the client for paying the video again as he is requested a new one and he says no because he couldn’t used the last one, he now offers a couple of dollars but I rather to end the relation with him if he is not allowed to live me a review
3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Mariano D wrote:
I had a client that I work more than a month ago with a very small project,I finish the video that he request and after a few more messages we finish the video has he told me the video was approved by Facebook.
I request payment that he never released until the 14 days of no response.

Did you actually properly and correctly submit the work through the "Submit for payment" function?

Mariano D wrote:
Can they still give me feedback in my profile

The client can leave feedback which will show on your profile if money has been paid. If nothing was paid, nothing will show on your profile, but poor private feedback would still affect your metrics.

Did you actually properly and correctly submit the work through the "Submit for payment" function?

I sent the correction and everything with Submit for payment. The client then says it was approved by Facebook and then he comes back like 20 days after saying he wants to make a whole new video because the video wasn't approved. 

I told him I disagree about that because my job was done regards that ads and he told me that he is not able to use the ad so i need to do it all again.

The payment was made due INACTIVITY of the contract as I submit for payment and after 14 days Upwork realise the payment.

My question is if he can leave a review in cases that the payment was made in that way.

Mariano D wrote:

My question is if he can leave a review in cases that the payment was made in that way.

Yes, he can

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members