🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract closed by who? The client didn't clo...
Page options
jjaneswriting
Community Member

Contract closed by who? The client didn't close it

I got a notice of a contract closing a few days ago with a request for a refund of escrow. This seemed odd because the client had gone MIA for a while and Upwork recently helped me contact the client and resume communications.

I messaged the client to ask them if they closed the contract but didn't get a response in 48 hours, so I approved the request of escrow funds (and left a less than stellar review, thinking the client had ghosted me for good).

I just got a panicked message from the client asking me what was going on - they say that they didn't close the contract. There was no language in the contract closing message indicating that Upwork closed the contract, but I can't think of any other way this would have happened.

Does anyone have experience with Upwork randomly closing a contract while you're working on the project? And does anyone have a success story on getting a contract reopened?

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacqueline,

Looks like our agent already addressed your concern in this open ticket. Your contract was closed due to inactivity. Your Client can always easily rehire you. 

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members