🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract ended due to inactivity
Page options
engrumaraftab
Community Member

Contract ended due to inactivity

Hey there!

Today, I got a notification from Upwork that one of the contracts had been ended due to inactivity and that the client had sent a refund request. I asked the client about this and he said he never ended the contract or requested refund. Would someone please look into this matter? I am afraid this will cause a drop in my JSS. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Umar A wrote:

Hey there!

Today, I got a notification from Upwork that one of the contracts had been ended due to inactivity and that the client had sent a refund request. I asked the client about this and he said he never ended the contract or requested refund. Would someone please look into this matter? I am afraid this will cause a drop in my JSS. Thanks

That means funds were sitting in Escrow without anything happening for 90 days. The client will have been informed that the job will close automatically. 

It will only affect your JSS if there was never any payment under the contract at all, ever. If that was a 1 milestone contract with 0 earnings.

That can be fixed by the client paying you something (as a bonus)

Never let a contract drag on for 3 months without getting paid something, however little.

Thanks Petra, that makes sense. Fortunately, I was having enough earnings under this contract. And unfortunately, I had clients who paid, disappeared and never closed the contract. What should I do with those open contracts without letting my JSS drop? Thanks

Umar A wrote:

Thanks Petra, that makes sense. Fortunately, I was having enough earnings under this contract. And unfortunately, I had clients who paid, disappeared and never closed the contract. What should I do with those open contracts without letting my JSS drop? Thanks

Whatever you like. Leave them open or close them one by one. Neither has any impact on your JSS, just don't close them all at once.

Wow! That's a good news for me. Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths