cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract ended, part of payment doesn't seem as approved, is it an issue?

simplysolve
Ace Contributor
Nail Y Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
1 of 5

Hi,

I had a contract with a client, I got multiple payments during the project and now the project and contract ended and both sides are satisfied with the result. Our initial agreement was $500, but with the additions to the project I got a total of $800 payment.

When I check the contract page (ended now), I see only $500 of the total $800 payment as "approved". I think my client forgot to approve one of the payments that was made months ago and as a newbie, I did not know about approved payments so I was not monitoring it. My question is, is this an issue or as the contract ended, it is all good?

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is because there is a three months Escrow period after which you are sent a notification for a refund for unapproved payments unless there is activity on the contract from the client side. Is that applicable to ended contracts too or when a contract ends, all payments are final?

Thanks.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Nail,

I've checked your and your client's transaction history, and can confirm our agent's reply on your ticket that the total payment was processed for this contract. The reason why you're not seeing all the payments as approved on the contract's page is because two of them were processed as a bonus.

Please take a look at the screenshot shared on your ticket and follow our agent's instructions to find all the payments in your Transaction History.

Untitled
simplysolve
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for checking. Yes, I see all the payments. My only concern is if I can consider this contract closed and move on, or if I will get a refund request in like 3 months for the part of the payment (that you say paid as bonus) that doesn't seem approved.

During the project (before it ended), there has been a time where my client did not have any activity on the contract and I received a notification from Upwork telling me that if no action was taken on client side, I will have to refund $300 which is not approved. Then, we finished the project, the client made another payment and closed the contract. I just want to be 100% sure that I will not receive another refund notification. I don't want to wait for 3 months to be sure of that.

Thanks.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Nail,

No, these funds are not subjected to the same policies as Escrowed funds (see section 3). This contract was completed successfully and both Milestones were approved and released, so you don't need to worry about this.

Untitled
simplysolve
Ace Contributor
5 of 5

Thank you very much, Vladimir, good to know that Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS