🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract ended suddenly
Page options
ar58p
Community Member

Contract ended suddenly

I was working with a client. This contract has 4 milestones. I've completed 1st milestone successfully and started 2nd milestone. While finishing the 2nd milestone he ended the contract suddenly and asked for a refund. When I asked him why he does such a thing he replied that he doesn't want to work with me. And He will hire another freelancer. After that, I accepted his refund request.
Is this will affect my profile and my jss?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Will this affect your profile or JSS?

Ending a contract in and of itself doesn't negatively impact JSS.

ALL contracts are supposed to end.

Ending before all milestones are completed?
That does not matter at all.

Your JSS is impacted positively or negatively based on the feedback left by the client, primarily the private feedback.

A client can have 10 milestones lined up and only have you do one and then decide to end the project, for all kinds of reasons. Maybe his dog died. Maybe he hates your work. Maybe he loves your work. I don't know. He could leave great feedback, or leave some other type of feedback.

If you discussed giving this client a refund before he closed the contract, and you agreed to the refund, then this could work in your favor, as this was you being helpful to the client.

Maybe the client didn't like your work, and maybe that is indeed why he closed the contract. That may indeed be reflected in his feedback, but we don't know for sure.

There is nothing you can really do about any of this now. So don't spend time worrying about this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Will this affect your profile or JSS?

Ending a contract in and of itself doesn't negatively impact JSS.

ALL contracts are supposed to end.

Ending before all milestones are completed?
That does not matter at all.

Your JSS is impacted positively or negatively based on the feedback left by the client, primarily the private feedback.

A client can have 10 milestones lined up and only have you do one and then decide to end the project, for all kinds of reasons. Maybe his dog died. Maybe he hates your work. Maybe he loves your work. I don't know. He could leave great feedback, or leave some other type of feedback.

If you discussed giving this client a refund before he closed the contract, and you agreed to the refund, then this could work in your favor, as this was you being helpful to the client.

Maybe the client didn't like your work, and maybe that is indeed why he closed the contract. That may indeed be reflected in his feedback, but we don't know for sure.

There is nothing you can really do about any of this now. So don't spend time worrying about this.

petra_r
Community Member

Arindam P wrote:

Is this will affect my profile and my jss?

The (private) feedback the client left while ending the contract will be what has the effect on your JSS. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths