🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract ended without billing
Page options
priyanka_rvtech
Community Member

Contract ended without billing

Hi, 

Yesterday I was hired for an hourly contract, but today client ended the project without any notice and there was no billing on the project. I just wanted to know that currently I have top rated status with 100% JSS, is there any adverse effect on JSS of my profile? 

Thank you, 
Priyanka

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "is there any adverse effect on JSS of my profile?"

Yes.

But you have completed about 280 jobs.

And you have 100% JSS right now.

Maybe the adverse effect will be a fraction of a percent.

I seriously doubt you will see any dip at all.

So don't worry about this.

But next time: Don't accept an hourly job until you are aready to log at least ten minutes on that job. That way you'll never need to worry about a zero-pay contract due to a contract closing before you log time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
chris_bannu
Community Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think closed contracts with zero activity have any influence over the JSS.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "is there any adverse effect on JSS of my profile?"

Yes.

But you have completed about 280 jobs.

And you have 100% JSS right now.

Maybe the adverse effect will be a fraction of a percent.

I seriously doubt you will see any dip at all.

So don't worry about this.

But next time: Don't accept an hourly job until you are aready to log at least ten minutes on that job. That way you'll never need to worry about a zero-pay contract due to a contract closing before you log time.

re: "I don't think closed contracts with zero activity have any influence over the JSS."

Cristian: For some freelancers, who are just starting out/have very few completed jobs, this kind of thing could be a serious problem for JSS.

Hi Mr. Preston, I just wanted to ask if it's really gonna affect the JSS? I am planning to end mine today. Have you seen or heard someone had their JSS go down as a newbie when they ended their contract?

Arc A wrote:

I just wanted to ask if it's really gonna affect the JSS? I am planning to end mine today. Have you seen or heard someone had their JSS go down as a newbie when they ended their contract?

Ending a contract does NOT affect the JSS, but a contract ending without anything ever having been paid  and no feedback WILL.

It is also generally much better to let the client end the contract because that way you are guaranteed feedback. Only end contracts yourself when the client has vanished.

Thank you for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths