🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Contract hold issue
Page options
noorali58
Community Member

Contract hold issue

I have an active project from 2 april 2019 but that due to  client's account being hold by Upwork that contract is also on hold from 2 april to till now so now i want to end that contract, kindly tell me a way to end that contract which couldn;t affect my JSS. I'm attaching a photo of that issue.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

16 REPLIES 16
petra_r
Community Member

Noor A wrote:

I have an active project from 2 april 2019 but that due to  client's account being hold by Upwork that contract is also on hold from 2 april to till now so now i want to end that contract, kindly tell me a way to end that contract which couldn;t affect my JSS.

Have you been paid anything under that contract?

neither i did work for him nor got any payment because after the second day of this issue contract was on hold that's why i didn't started work.

Noor A wrote:

neither i did work for him nor got any payment because after the second day of this issue contract was on hold that's why i didn't started work.

Sounds like the client was suspended, so that contract is excluded from the JSS calculation anyway.

yes as you can see in attachment that client has suspended. So how to end this contract ?it will not affect my JSS?

Noor A wrote:

So how to end this contract ?it will not affect my JSS?

Leave it alone for the time being, in case the client comes back...

i don't think client will come back because this contract was by a talent aquisition and client was new on upwork there was no any other project done on his profile he was a freash client. it have been 1 month already.

suggest me if i want to end this contract how to do? it would't affect my JSS?

Noor A wrote:

suggest me if i want to end this contract how to do?

Just end it...

end contract.jpg

Noor A wrote:

it would't affect my JSS?

No, contracts with suspended cients are excluded from you JSS calculation.

Thanks!

Hi Upwork community,

My Project contract hourly base is on hold? I'm new at upwork . Please anyone let me know, what is the reason of the hold.

Thanks.
Ali Raza

Ali R wrote:

My Project contract hourly base is on hold? I'm new at upwork . Please anyone let me know, what is the reason of the hold.

Most likely your client failed to pay for last week's hours.

The client needs to sort it out with Upwork, and you can not log any time until it is resolved.

Thanks Petra to providing me valueable informatiom. So I'm good with my account?

Ali R wrote:

Thanks Petra to providing me valueable informatiom. So I'm good with my account?

As long as it is just the contract on hold, sure. That is on the client side.

Thanks Petra.

Hi, 

Upwork refunded my client automatically and my contarct with client is on hold. How i can send again invoice to my client for previous hours? Please help me.

Thanks
Ali Raza 

Ali R wrote:

Upwork refunded my client automatically and my contarct with client is on hold. How i can send again invoice to my client for previous hours? Please help me.

That means your client failed to pay Upwork and your hours were not covered by the protection. Did you track your time using the tracker, with high activity and meaningful work memo?

Unless and until the client resolves whatever issues they have with Upwork, that money will likely be gone.

If the client fixes the issues, they can pay via bonus, once their account and the contract are resumed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths