🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract in Hold
Page options
vpeguero
Community Member

Contract in Hold

Hello!

I'm kind of new in Upwork, and I have 2 contracts that I want to end 1 is on hold since November 2020 and I think that client is just not going to pay or open, and another is a fixed job that I did and is done, Can I end those contracts? or by ending is going to damage my score? 

3 REPLIES 3
growmyretail
Community Member

I do believe ending it won't hurt. It might be dependent on the feedback, if there is any given.

For compliance you can always message them first, wait a bit longer and inform UW support at the same time. (at least that is what I would do)

Were the clients reasonable when you started or was there some bad blood going on during the contract? that also makes a world of difference.

No, Upwork put the client on hold because of payment, and then that problem never got solve and  I spoke with the client and realize that he has a money issue and that the contract is not going to be active in a long while.

The client was a good one and we had a good relationship, it was just a no money thing. 

Thank for the advice!

Pieter B wrote:

I do believe ending it won't hurt.

It doesn't hurt unless there is bad feedback.

Pieter B wrote:

For compliance you can always message them first, wait a bit longer and inform UW support at the same time. (at least that is what I would do)

No. No need to contact support. Why would you contact support over closing a contract?? Freelancers are free to close contracts any time they want. No need to waste Support's time with stuff like that.

The client is suspeded, the client is gone. Just close the contract and be done with it. No message, no contacting support.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members